2 682 228.00 €
The MPA Europe project (2023-2026) will map the optimal locations for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) in all European Seas. The approach applies a holistic range of measures that includes biodiversity from species to ecosystems, habitats, and the area covers the EEZ of European Member States and associated countries and Atlantic Oceanic islands.
The potential MPA areas will be prioritised using systematic conservation planning software which enables alternative weighting of variables and multiple scenarios, and ultimately supports wider marine spatial planning.
- Nord University (Nord) (Norway)
- Centro de Ciências do Mar (CCMAR) (Portugal)
- Science Crunchers Ssc (Portugal)
- Aarhus University (AU) (Denmark)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) (France)
- Climazul E.E.(Greece)
- Ocean University of China (OUC) (China)
- University of the Ryukyus (Ryukuys) (Japan)
- Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) (UK)
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) (UK)