EU Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T)
MONALISA 2.0 is a concrete step in the process of further developing the Motorways of the Sea concept by implementing concrete pilot actions and studies that will foster deployment of new maritime services and processes. The following Activities are included in MONALISA 2.0:
Act. 1 – Sea Traffic Management Operations and Tools
Act. 2 – Sea Traffic Management Definition Phase Study
Act. 3 – Safer Ships
Act. 4 – Operational Safety
MONALISA 2.0 takes its point of departure in the results and experiences from the MONALISA 1 project. MONALISA 2.0 will also make use of relevant results from previously carried out Motorways of the Sea projects, maritime R&D projects and re-use best practises from other areas in society as to bring them further towards deployment in the maritime sector. This will foster innovations and deployment of new technologies and systems to increase efficiency effectiveness and environmental sustainability of Motorways of the Sea and its integration in the Trans-European Transport Network.
In MONALISA 2.0, the demonstrated results of Sea Traffic Management from MONALISA 1, will be taken an important step further towards deployment trough joint actions e.g. by:
• testing of concrete applications and services which would allow rapid commercial deployment;
• integration of route planning tools with additional environmental information and maritime spatial planning for the purpose of improved maritime safety and environmental protection
• joint private-public action to elaborate better standards for route information exchange through a common interface and common data format allowing equipment from all manufacturers be used for Sea Traffic management;
• demonstrating concrete/hands-on services using new technology to enhance maritime safety, making Search and Rescue and mass-evacuations more efficient than today and by addressing the urgent issue of safety in ports.
• re-using results of previous EU investments in Air Traffic Management as well as from other sectors and their application into the maritime domaine
- Swedish Maritime Administration – Lead partner (SE) and 38 partners from the Public, Private and Academic sectors