INTERREG V B: Baltic Sea Region Programme 2014 - 2020
Overall Budget: € 2.400.000
EU Contribution: € 2.500.969,291
Baltic LINes sought to increase the transnational coherence of shipping routes and energy corridors in Maritime Spatial Plans in the BSR, in order to avoid cross-border mismatches while securing transnational connectivity as well as an efficient use of Baltic Sea space.
In the scope of the project, a structured and coordinated involvement process with relevant national/ transnational stakeholders was carried out. By taking into consideration the forecasted economic, environmental as well as technological developments at sea and on land, Baltic LINes project partners assessed requirements of the shipping and energy sector towards MSP and their spatial implications. The information gathered was visualised in scenarios with the help of the MSP Challenge, a computer-supported simulation game, which for this purpose was adapted to the framework of the project and enabled the collection of sectors’ feedback.
Baltic LINes improved access to relevant MSP data needed for the development of strategic plans for shipping lines and energy infrastructures in the Baltic Sea by piloting the first ever BSR MSP data infrastructure.
The project results are summarized in the Project Findings brochure. Descriptions of main project outputs and their future potential use can be found via the links to the Practices in the left hand menu.
- Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) (DE)- Lead Partner
- Ministry of Energy, Infrastructure and State Development, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (DE)
- Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management (SE)
- Maritime Office in Gdynia (MOG) (PL)
- Maritime Institute in Gdansk (PL)
- Coastal Research and Planning Institute (LT)
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development (LV)
- University of Tartu (EE)
- University of Aalborg (DK)
- Finnish Environment Institute (FI)
- Finnish Transport Agency (FI)
- NHTV University of Applied Sciences (NL)
- HELCOM Secretariat (BSR)
- VASAB Secretariat (BSR)
- s.Pro sustainable-projects GmbH