BSR INTERREG III B Neighbourhood programme - TACIS strand
The main aim of the East West Window project was to accelerate the Baltic Sea Region (BSR) development through better connecting of the existing potentials within the Region.
- promoted territorial integration of the North-West Russia and Kaliningrad into the Baltic Sea Region through joint spatial planning and development actions in the priority fields such as business development, transport and ICT development as well as in maritime spatial planning and Integrated Coastal Zone Management,
- diminished knowledge gaps within the Region on the character of development potential, its synergies and complementarities with potentials of other countries of the region, and on methods how this potential can be efficiently connected with the potentials of the regional partners,
- served VASAB (Vision and Strategies around the Baltic Sea - a co-operation of 11 ministers responsible for spatial planning and development in the Baltic Sea Region Countries).as a useful tool for its main goal to prepare the Long Term Perspective for spatial development of the BSR till 2030, in line with the encouragement of the Council of the Baltic Sea States.
The project brought information on maritime spatial planning to Russia.
- Ministry of Regional Development and Local Government - Lead Partner (LV)
- Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Affairs (DE)
- Ministry of Regional Development (PL)
- Agency for Spatial and Environment Planning (DK)
- Nordregio, Nordic Centre for Spatial Development (SE)
- Maritime Institute in Gdansk (PL)
- St. Petersburg City Administration (RU)
- Immanuel Kant State University of Russia (RU)
- Russian Economic Developers Association (ASSET) (RU)