The project is a part of the Blue Growth & Marine Planning Scheme, established under the Union Priority 6 (Integrated Maritime Policy) of Ireland’s EMFF Operational Programme. It splits into three categories and represents a part of the “MSP Data Management”.
The project follows the programme Integrating Marine Spatial Data: Best Practice in Modelling and Decision Support Tools. It clarifies what marine data is available, forming a basis for improved MSP-related products and decision-support tools. It leverages current and future operational programmes through reuse of data collected, without incurring the otherwise substantial data acquisition costs, meaning that data can be easier integrated and reused. It leads to better definition and greater clarity regarding the origin and quality of underlying data and information to be used in decision-making. Improvements to data processes are needed to underpin new MSP-related products and services.
- Data usage agreements for MSP relevant datasets
- Report detailing data standards to allow the integration / reuse of MSP data
- Metadata to describe data availability, ownership and licensing, lineage, and quality
- Data process flows required for MSP
- Procedures documented for handling of prioritised datasets
- Marine Institute (IE);
- Compass Informatics (IE).