Overall Budget: € 300,000.00
This project is a part of the Blue Growth & Marine Planning Scheme established under the Union Priority 6 (Integrated Maritime Policy) of Ireland’s EMFF Operational Programme. It has been split into three categories, and the given project represents a part of the “Spatial Data and Evidence Projects”.
The project aims to identify and map datasets relevant to the MSP process and review its validity. It provides an up-to-date spatial and temporal information on marine ecosystems and human activities within the Ireland’s maritime domain to support marine spatial planning. This advances marine knowledge in Ireland, serves as a fundamental exercise for successful implementation of MSP, and provides enhanced spatial evidence to support ecosystem-based planning. The project improves existing marine data and knowledge programmes, including the Ireland’s Marine Atlas, Digital Ocean and delivery of Irish Data to EMODnet, and the European marine data portal.
- Catalogue of spatial, environmental, socio-economic data;
- Data gap analysis;
- Delivery of spatial data required for MSP Directive (e.g. marine activities, distribution of key species and ecosystems).
- ABPMer (IE) (Lead Partner);
- Plymouth marine Laboratory (UK);
- MacCabe Durney Barnes (IE);
- Matt Rayment;
- IWDG Consulting (IE);
- MERC Environmental (IE);
- Birdwatch Ireland (IE);
- Liverpool University (UK);
- Exeter University (UK).