Project Implementation Period:
June 2019 - June 2020
Specific Funding Programme:
In the framework of the MedPAN Small Project funded by:
- French Facility for Global Environment (FFEM);
- Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.
About the Project:
The project aims at providing recommendations to integrate the Ecosystem-Based Approach (EBA) to recreational boating planning/management at Cap de Creus Natural Park based on Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) and developing guidelines for Marine Protected Areas of MedPan Network.
- Diagnosis of conflicts, pressures and regulation on Cap de Creus Natural Park.
- Benchmark of strategies for sustainable recreation boating planning/management in MedPan Network.
- One webinar with local stakeholders in Cap de Creus.
- Define strategies to integrate EBA for recreational tourism for Cap de Creus: Technical Report (in Spanish) + Executive Summary (in English).
- Guidelines for sustainable recreation boating management in MPAs (in English).
The results of this project have been published in two reports:
- Boating Guidelines: Managing the environmental sustainability of nautical tourism in Mediterranean Marine Protected Areas.
- Technical report (in Spanish): Conflictos, impactos ambientales y ordenación espacial marítima de la náutica recreativa en el Parque Natural de Cap de Creus.
- Eco-union (ES), project leader.