Targeted Research Programme “CRP 2016”, funded by the Slovenian Research Agency and the Ministry for Environment and Spatial Planning.
The project pursued four core objectives:
- Elaborate a methodology for the MSP process, considering the national marine area and its continental hinterland as an intrinsically multi-functional landscape.
- Design a MSP process considering integrated and participatory approach to the planning and management of the national marine area in conformity with the requirements of Directive 2014/89/EU.
- Promote the sustainable use of marine resources and sustainable growth of the maritime economy through the MSP process.
- Develop and put into practice innovative contents, methods and processes of MSP adapted to the size and characteristics of the national marine area in Slovenia.
These objectives are addressed within 5 work packages:
- WP1: MSP Process and procedure, resulting in the identification of clearly defined steps of the MSP process, their characteristics and interrelations as well as clearly defined procedure of MSP;
- WP2: MSP Contents and forms, resulting in the list of MSP topics, elaborated contents, its structure and cartographic presentation of MSP;
- WP3: Monitoring and evaluation of MSP implementation, resulting in an interactive web portal for monitoring and evaluation of MSP implementation;
- WP4: Pilot case, resulting in list of MSP topics, elaborated contents, and cartographic presentation at various territorial levels (international, national, regional, local) for selected territories of the national marine area and related hinterlands;
- WP5: Methodological challenges and novelties, addressing compatibility of proposed methodologic alternatives with legislation in force and with proposals of its amendments.
Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (Lead Partner) and Geodetic Institute of Slovenia.