The ECOMAR project will develop, test and apply a broad range of tools for:
- Mapping the potential cumulative effects of multiple human activities and pressures;
- Criteria-based zoning of Danish marine waters, taking into account ongoing and planned human activities.
ECOMAR aims to merge the tools in order to analyse how Danish marine waters can be used sustainably, taking into consideration existing national and international legislation.
The developed tools and results of ECOMAR will support ecosystem-based maritime spatial planning in accordance with the EU Maritime Spatial Planning Directive.
- NIVA Denmark Water Research
- Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS)
- DTU Institute for Aquatic Ressources (DTU Aqua)
- Copenhagen University, Department of Geosciences and Natural ressource Management (IGN)
- Aarhus University, Department of Bioscience (BIOS)