Interreg V B 2014-2020: Adriatic-Ionian Programme – ADRION
Overall Budget: € 1.581.219,00
EU Contribution: € 1.344.036,70
PORTODIMARE aims to create a common platform (Geoportal) for data and information related to coastal and marine areas of the Adriatic-Ionian Region, by integrating existing databases, portals and tools developed by previous EU-funded projects (e.g. SHAPE, ADRIPLAN), local and national administrations and other initiatives. Available data and information will be therefore structured and made accessible through a single virtual space. One of the initial task the project will focus on the identification of the Geoportal end-users and the definition of its key characteristics, including: functionalities, data and information to be include, time and space resolution.
Beside spatial data, the Geoportal will also include modules for ICZM/MSP analysis and risk evaluation, providing science-based support to the decision-making process. Once ready, PORTODIMARE Geoportal will support the implementation of:
- the Protocol for Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Mediterranean (entered into force in March 2013);
- the Maritime Space Planning (Directive 2014/89 EU)
- the Action Plan of the European Union Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region (EUSAIR).
Emilia-Romagna Region (Portodimare lead partner) will host the Geoportal and ensure its maintenance after the project conclusion, while all partners will contribute to populate the Geoportal with data and information.
PORTODIMARE involves the following partners:
- Emilia-Romagna Region, Directorate General for Territory and Environment Protection (Italy) - Lead partner
- CORILA - Consortium for Managing Research Activities in the Venice Lagoon (Italy)
- Regional Development Center Koper (Slovenia)
- UNEP-MAP Priority Actions Program Regional Activity Centre (international organisation)
- Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (Greece)
- Institute for Physical Planning Region of Istria (Croatia)
- Public enterprise for coastal zone management of Montenegro (Montenegro)
- Centre for economic, technological and environmental development Sarajevo (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
- Apulia Region – Department of civil protection (Italy)
- Abruzzo Region (Italy)
- Veneto Region, Soil Protection Directorate - Integrated Water Service and Water Protection Unit (Italy)
PORTODIMARE also involves few associated partners, all located in Italy: Molise Region, Marche Region and the Regional Agency for Environmental Protection and Energy of Emilia-Romagna Region.
28 July 2020 (Update): Maritime spatial planning (MSP) starts in Emilia-Romagna.
A cross-sectoral working group has been set up in the Region to support the Technical Committee for the planning of the Adriatic Maritime Area.