INTERREG V B: North Sea Region Programme 2014 - 2020
Overall Budget: 4.049.578,00 €
EU Contribution: 1.957.170,00€
The NorthSEE project promotes a better exchange among Maritime Spatial Planning authorities and related experts and institutions in the North Sea Region (NSR). In this context, NorthSEE aims at achieving greater coherence in MSP across the NSR for three transnational topics: environmental aspects, shipping routes and energy infrastructure.
Existing national MSP plans and approaches within the framework of the project will be compared. In addition, future scenarios are jointly developed by planners and stakeholders in the framework of the “MSP Challenge 2050” simulation. This improved informational basis allows planners to identify current and future synergies and mismatches of national planning solutions and approaches as well as to come to planning solutions for selected sites with incompatibilities. Findings are synthesised in reports and maps. These will inform national MSP processes. Finally, recommendations for an on-going transnational MSP dialogue beyond the project’s lifetime in the NSR will be developed.
- German Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency, BSH (DE) – Lead Partner;
- Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment (NL);
- Federal Government Service for Mobility, Directorate General Maritime Transport (BE);
- Scottish Government (UK);
- Ministry of Climate and Environment (NO);
- Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management (SE);
- Aalborg University, Copenhagen (DK);
- Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg (DE);
- World Maritime University (DE);
- NHTV University of Applied Sciences (NL);
- Province of Noord-Holland (NL);
- Institute of Marine Research (NO);
- Norwegian Environment Agency (NO).
- s.Pro sustainable-projects GmbH.