INTERREG IIIC South Zone programme
Overall Budget: €1.656.950
EU Contribution: € 992.919,00
One of the main outcomes of the DEDUCE project was the establishment of a network of excellence in coastal management and the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The DEDUCE Network is based on the application of the EU Recommendation on Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) adopted by the European Council and Parliament in 2002. The key objective of the network is to enhance the visibility of coastal information to enable optimum decision-making.
During project implementation a set of 27 sustainability indicators related to ICZM were calculated to all the partners who developed a methodological framework to calculate these indicators. They also identified their application at different levels of decision-making: from the European level to the national level and down to the local level. This involved the collection of necessary coastal data, its analysis using Geographic Information Systems and preparation of fact sheets for each indicator.
Regional workshops were carried out in all partner countries.
- Generalitat de Cataluña - Departament de Medi Ambient i Habitatge – Lead Partner (ES)
- Ajuntament del Prat de Llobregat (ES)
- Ajuntament de Viladecans (ES)
- Universitat autonoma de Barcelona (ES)
- Institut Français de l’Environnement (FR)
- Malta Environment and Planning Authority (MEPA) (MT)
- West-Vlaanderen (BE)
- University of Latvia (LV)
- Maritime Institute in Gdansk (PL)