Overall budget: €27,278,552.00
EU contribution: €13,395,000.00
The main objective of the LIFE-IP INTEMARES project is to implement the Prioritised Action Framework (PAF) for Natura 2000 in the Spanish marine Natura 2000 network and ensure that, upon completion, Spain has a consolidated network of marine Natura 2000 sites managed in a demonstrative, effective and integrated way, with the active participation of the sectors involved and with research as a basic tool for decision-making.
- Ensure the maintenance or restoration of the favourable conservation status of habitats and species listed in the annexes of the Habitats and Birds Directives;
- Ensure the effective management of the marine Natura 2000 Network;
- Train Natura 2000 network managers and other relevant stakeholders, and create networks to promote cooperation and the exchange of information;
- Improve critical knowledge for management;
- Improve monitoring of habitat types and species listed in the annexes of the Nature Directives for a better assessment of their conservation status;
- Promote innovative approaches to marine Natura 2000 site management (especially funding);
- Provide information, training and adequate awareness for achieving conservation targets in Natura 2000 sites; and
- Promote sustainable tourism and employment related to the Natura 2000 Network.
The overall expected result of the LIFE-IP INTEMARES project is the implementation of the PAF by means of a coherent management of the marine Natura 2000 Network, integrating the different interests of stakeholders, and based on the best scientific knowledge available.
- Biodiversity Foundation (coordinator), (ES);
- Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and Environment (ES);
- Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO), (ES);
- WWF (ES);
- Spanish Ornithology Society / BirdLife International (SEO/BirdLife) (ES);
- Spanish Fisheries Confederation (CEPESCA), (ES).