EU contribution: € 7,493,885
The EU-funded EMERGE project aims to study the effects of different emission reduction solutions for shipping in Europe and to develop effective strategies to decrease the environmental and climatic impacts of shipping. This will involve measurements and modelling on actual vessels, along main shipping routes and in sensitive European marine regions. The project will provide stakeholders and decision makers with guidance and recommendations to promote sustainable shipping in the medium and the long term.
The objectives of EMERGE are (i) to quantify and evaluate the effects of potential emission reduction solutions for shipping in Europe for several scenarios, and (ii) to develop effective strategies and measures to reduce the environmental impacts of shipping. EMERGE objectives will be achieved through real-world test cases involving measurements and modelling on actual vessels, along main shipping routes and in sensitive European marine regions.
- Ilmatieteen Laitos – Coordinator (FI);
- Ivl Svenska Miljoeinstitutet AB (SE);
- Chalmers Tekniska Hoegskola AB (SE);
- Aristotelio Panepistimio Thessalonikis (EL);
- Internationales Institut Fuer Angewandte Systemanalyse (AT);
- The University Of Hertfordshire Higher Education Corporation (UK);
- Panepistimio Aigaiou (EL);
- Universidade De Aveiro (PT);
- University of Southampton (UK);
- Universita Ca' Foscari Venezia (IT);
- Meteorologisk Institutt (NO);
- Goeteborgs Universitet (SE);
- Oulun Yliopisto (FI);
- Fundacio Institut Catala De Recerca De L'aigua (ES);
- Danaos Shipping Company Limited (CY);
- Maritime Institute of Eastern Mediterranean - Mar.In.E.M. (CY);
- The Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission (FI);
- Creative Nano Pc (EL).