MED Programme – European Territorial Cooperation 2007-2013
Overall Budget: €1,795,900.61
EU Contribution: €1,425,415.00
The COASTANCE project is implemented within the European MED programme. Its main aim is to develop practical tools (technical/administrative) to manage the coastal zone adaptation to Climate Change (hereinafter C.C.), according to the sectoral foremost European policies such as the Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM), the Integrated Maritime Policy, the Maritime Spatial Planning, the Adaptation to C.C., etc. The project focuses on those constituents of coastal protection action, such as: Coastal risks: Submersion and Erosion, Territorial action plans for coastal protection management and Guidelines for Environmental Impacts Studies focused on coastal protection works and plans.
- Region of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace Region of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace(Lead Partner
- Region of Lazio
- Region of Crete Region of Crete
- Department of Department of Hérault
- Region of Emilia Region of Emilia-Romagna
- Region of Region of Laguedoc -Roussillon
- Junta de Junta de Andalucia
- Ministry of Communications & Works Cyprus
- Dubrovnic Neretva County Regional Development Agency
The project also formed part of the cluster FACEcoast, seven European projects with more than 70 partners involved working on capitalisation activities in the coastal integrated management domain.