Interreg IVA: Estonia-Latvia Programme
Many human activities on marine areas are functionally linked to the shore. For example, off shore wind parks and connection to the terrestrial electricity grid. In order to ensure the functional linkage between marine and terrestrial areas, minimize coastal erosion and its effects and ensure nature conservation and overall coastal development, spatial planning of marine and terrestrial parts of the coastal areas can be used.
Planning the sea area of Pärnu and Hiiumaa residents helps to protect the Baltic Sea and use its resources jointly and reasonably. The coastline of the Baltic Sea is shared by Estonia and Latvia, making cross-border co-operation the best way to enforce the idea of the Baltic Sea as a common sea space.
- Estonian Ministry of the Interior - Lead Partner (ET)
- Pärnu County Government (ET)
- Kurzeme planning region (LV)
- Roja Municipality Council (LV)
- Pavilosta municipality self- government (LV)
- Engure municipality council (LV)