Overall budget: € 1,089,272.50
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF): € 909,950.00
The European Neighbourhood Instrument and Russia budget: € 179,322.50
Capacity4MSP will create a practically oriented and interactive collaboration platform for MSP stakeholders, decision- and policy makers that will inform, support and enhance on-going MSP efforts by capitalising on the outcomes of various transnational MSP projects and national MSP processes. It will deepen and widen the knowledge and experience gained from projects by synthesizing, amplifying and transferring the project outcomes to new practical solutions, as well as intensify the dialogue among MSP stakeholders (MSP practitioners, institutions responsible for MSP, blue economy representatives, environmentalists, etc.), decision and policy makers (e.g. EU COM, relevant ministries, HELCOM-VASAB MSP Working Group, its Data Expert sub-group, etc.).
Main project outputs:
1. Synthesis report based on outcomes of relevant MSP-related projects in correlation with ongoing MSP processes and activities in the BSR countries
2. Identified support mechanisms for the implementation of the MSP including:
2.1. Report on identified support mechanisms for the implementation of MSP encompassing conclusions
2.2. User guide and visualization material of BASEMAPS available for MSP data providers
2.3. A proposal of an institutionalised tool for a regular follow up of the regional MSP commitments in the BSR
2.4. MSP roadmap for Russia
3. Thematic multi-level and cross-sectoral workshops
4. Planners Forum meetings
5. Integrated report on MSP stakeholder involvement engagement
6. Final conference jointly organised with the 4th Baltic MSP Forum
Project activities and results
Capitalisation of the current activities and projects
- The Synthesis report on the experience from maritime spatial planning (MSP) projects in the Baltic Sea Region and the resultant policy messages.
- Polify brief. Key Messages from Maritime Spatial Planning Projects in the Baltic Sea Region
Supporting the implementation of MSP in the BSR
- Report on Implementation and Monitoring & Evaluation Mechanisms of MSPs within the EU Baltic Sea Region Member States
User guide and visualization material of BASEMAPS
MSP Roadmap for Russia
- Thematic workshops for the development of the Russian MSP Roadmap, 23 September 2020.
- Russian MSP Stakeholder Survey (Download survey results)
- The Roundtable “Maritime Spatial Planning” was held within the framework of the XXI International Forum “Baltic Sea Day” on March 23, 2021 in St. Petersburg and online.
- Proposals to Maritime Spatial Planning Roadmap of the Russian Federation
- 16 September 2020: Data workshop: Exploring BASEMAPS. Organised by HELCOM. Workshop outcomes.
- 22 September 2020: Offshore Energy and Maritime Spatial Planning. Organised by SUBMARINER Network. Workshop report.
- 23 September 2020: Thematic Workshop for the Development of the Russian MSP Roadmap.
- 3 March 2021: Workshop Tackling Land-Sea Interactions Towards Blue Growth in the BSR. Workshop summary.
- 2 December 2021: Capacity4MSP Workshop: Vision and Strategies for Coherent MSP Framework.
- 6-7 December 2021: Workshop on cumulative impacts of maritime activities.
- 25 February 2022: Workshop “Topicalities for coastal planning and development: project activities, results and tools” for Latvian MSP stakeholders.
- 9 March 2022: Final event of Capacity4MSP.
- 30 March 2022: Workshop “Mission Ocean: What is the role of MSP in increasing low-trophic aquaculture and multi-use in the Baltic Sea?”.
- 31 March 2020: 1st Planners’ Forum within the project platform Capacity4MSP.
- 11 November 2020: 2nd Planners’ Forum within the project platform Capacity4MSP.
- 17 March 2021: 3rd Planners’ Forum within the project platform Capacity4MSP.
- 24 November 2021: 4th Planners’ Forum within the project platform Capacity4MSP.
- 11 March 2022: 5th Planners’ Forum within the project platform Capacity4MSP.
- Report on Planners’ Forum meeting within Capacity4MSP and Suggestion for a Planners’ Forum ToR.
Stakeholder involvement and engagement into MSP
4th Baltic MSP Forum
- 1-2 June 2021, online. Event organised together with the Land-Sea-Act project. Find the outcomes, presentations and video recordings in the report. Report 4th Baltic MSP Forum.
- VASAB Secretariat (Lead Partner)
- State Regional Development Agency (LV);
- Aalborg University (DK);
- Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management (SE);
- Ministry of Environment and Regional Development of Latvia (LV);
- Scientific and Research Institute of Maritime Spatial Planning Ermak NorthWest (RU);
- Submariner Network for Blue Growth (DE);
- Russian State Hydrometeorological University (RU);
- Gdynia Maritime University (PL).
- Finnish Heritage Agency, The Baltic Region Heritage Committee (BRHC);
- PAENERGY (Ministryof Economics of Republic of Latvia);
- PASHIP (Danish Maritime Authority);
- PACULTURE (Ministryof Justice, European Affairs, Consumer Protection and Equality);
- HA Spatial Planning (HELCOM-VASAB MSP WG);
- Maritime Office Gdynia;
- Estonian Ministry of Finance;
- Ministry of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation;
- Leontief Centre;
- University of Tartu;
- Federal Public Service (FPS) Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment;
- Finnish Ministry of the Environment;
- Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency;
- Ministry of the Environment of Lithuania.