Overall budget: € 2,981,132.80
EU contribution: € 2,533,962.90
BLUE DEAL project aims to increase transnational activity of innovative clusters and networks of the Blue Energy sector, develop links and synergies between SME`s, public authorities, knowledge institutions and civil society and establish transnational and regional Blue Deal Alliances. This project will create a favourable environment for blue energy investments and sustainable development in the Mediterranean economy. Project partners will cooperate to overcome current technical and administrative restrictions for Blue Energy deployment and define proper requirements and procedures to support decisions and guarantee compliance with regulatory, environmental and social constraints.
BLUE DEAL TESTING LABS
Two virtual workshops where partners will cooperate to develop and test Blue Energy design and planning processes and implement open innovation initiatives for blue energy deployment in the Mediterranean Area.
Two events reinforcing knowledge exchange to learn from good practices and experiences made during BLUE DEAL Labs and transform ideas into business opportunities.
BLUE DEAL LABS
Four participative events to apply the methodology implemented in the testing lab and develop innovative environment suitable for a real cooperation between SMEs, PAs, knowledge institutions and civil society.
Nine local conferences in each involved region in order to present and transfer project outputs to external organizations and to foster their replicability.
BD FOR FUTURE
International Blue Energy contest for high schools and vocational training institutes in order to raise awareness and actively involve future generations in building a blue future.
- University of Siena - Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Lead partner (IT);
- U-SPACE España SL (ES);
- Geoimaging limited (CY);
- INDACO2 (IT);
- National Agency of Natural Resources (AL);
- Andalusian Cluster of Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency (ES);
- Malta Marittima Agency (MT);
- Cyprus Energy Agency (CY);
- Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving - CRES (EL);
- Dynamic Vision P.C (EL);
- University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture (HR);
- Business Innovation Centre of Valencia (ES);
- ENEA - Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (Roma) (IT).