Overall budget: € 2,644,025
EU contribution: € 2,370,275
The project scope is to raise public awareness of European identity by focusing on maritime cultural heritage, which by default bridges different civilizations. In particular, i-MareCulture aims to bring inherently unreachable underwater cultural heritage within digital reach of the wide public by implementing virtual visits, serious games with immersive technologies and underwater augmented reality. Scope of the project is to design, analyze, develop and validate pioneer applications and systems in the context of Virtual Museums through collaborative and innovative research from a diverse group of scientists, researchers, archaeologists, experts and museums.
The project i-MareCulture is unique, innovative and promising, contributing fully to the H2020 Framework and the Digital Agenda for Europe, a H2020 initiative, for New Skills and Jobs. In addition, this project abides by the EU strategy to become a smart, sustainable and inclusive economy by implementing the knowledge triangle, by connecting the Education, Research and Industry, by supporting and boosting innovative enterprise to develop their technological breakthroughs into viable products in the area of Virtual Museums and Digital Heritage, with real commercial potential.
- Technologiko Panepistimio Kyprou (CZ), (Coordinator);
- Masarykova Univerzita (CZ);
- Concordia University (CA);
- Univerzitet U Sarajevu (BA);
- Université D'Aix Marseille (FR);
- University of Cyprus (CY);
- 3D Research SRL (IT);
- Universidade Nova De Lisboa (PT);
- Holografika Hologrameloallito Fejleszto Es Forgalmazo KFT (HU);
- Ministero Per I Beni E Le Attivita Culturali E Per Il Turismo (IT);
- Pierides Foundation (CA).