The overall goal of the MUSES project is to develop and propose an Action Plan (AP) which will facilitate the implementation of the Multi-use (MU) concept in European Seas, based on innovation and Blue Growth potential. Work in WP2 focused on the examination of the theoretical understanding and practical experience of MU in European Seas.
Questions this practice may help answer:
- How is the concept of multi-use developed in the European Sea basins?
- What are the drivers and barriers for multi-use in the European Sea basins?
- What are the existing MU combinations in the European Sea basins?
This document is a deliverable of the MUSES project which aimed at exploring the opportunities for Multi-use in European Seas across five EU sea basins (Baltic Sea, North Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea and Eastern Atlantic).
Aspects / Objectives:
This report provides a comparative analysis of the multi-use concept development in European Sea basins.
The study is divided into 4 phases:
1) Multi-use definition and typology;
2) A country-based analysis (multi-use overview and identification of potentials; identification of barriers, added values and impacts; evaluation of multi-use effects);
3) Integrated sea basin analysis of multi-use;
4) Iterative analysis.
Main Outputs / Results:
This deliverable from the MUSES project provides insights on the multi-use concept in European sea basins and gives an overview of the concept development in the EU. It also provides an analysis of various multi-use combinations.
This practice is transferable as it concerns every EU sea basin.