The objective of this call for proposals is to facilitate the implementation of Maritime Spatial Planning in the EU, including through the effective application of Directive 2014/89 establishing a framework for MSP.
This call is intended to fund projects developing innovative responses to tackle specific challenges that EU Members States might encounter when putting into effect, monitoring and/or revising their maritime spatial plans. Many of these challenges are common to coastal Member States.
Therefore, there is a shared interest in developing innovative responses that can apply within a sea basin and/or across sea basins. This means that projects should bring together participants from different Member States, located in a sea basin, or from different sea basins.
Projects should address one of the following priorities:
1. MSP as an enabler of the European Green Deal.
2. Facilitate/enable the development of marine protected areas and economic sectors (e.g. tourism and maritime/underwater cultural heritage, offshore energy, fisheries, aquaculture) in the maritime domain.
3. Applying an Ecosystems Based Approach (EBA) in MSP.
4. Analysing how maritime spatial plans identified and addressed existing and potential tensions between different sectors.
Applicants have until 27 February 2024 17:00:00 (Brussels time) to submitt their proposal.
In order to be eligible, the applicants must:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies) endorsed by the public authorities or Call: EMFAF-2023-PIA-MSP— Maritime Spatial Planning Projects EU Grants: Call document (EMFAF): V1.0 – 2023 13 bodies in charge of maritime spatial planning at national level in the related coastal Member States.
- be established in one of the eligible countries.
- be public authorities or bodies in charge of maritime spatial planning of coastal Member States.
More detailed information is available on the European Commission dedicated page.