This action aims at contributing to the eco-intensification of European aquaculture, which has been identified as a challenge to meet global fish and seafood security needs. Proposals for this call should:
- Support aquaculture production and communities with cost-effective innovative solutions and technologies, which ensures sustainable coastal and offshore development and growth
- Bring to the market new and cost effective commercial applications to support aquaculture producers
- Enhance integrated aquaculture activities in a sustainable manner
- Increase the offer of nutritious and high quality fish and seafood in order to secure EU markets
- Enhance sustainability of the European aquaculture industry
Applicants must consist of at least three legal entities, each of which must be established in a different EU Member State or Horizon 2020 associated country. All three legal entities must be independent of each other.
This call for proposal is open to actions primarily consisting of activities aiming to establish new knowledge and/or to explore the feasibility of a new or improved technology, product, process, service or solution. For this purpose they may include basic and applied research, technology development and integration, testing and validation on a small-scale prototype in a laboratory or simulated environment.
Projects may contain closely connected but limited demonstration or pilot activities aiming to show technical feasibility in a near to operational environment.
The call opens 04/10/2016 and the deadline for submitting applications in the first stage is 14/02/2017.
The second stage deadline is 13/09/2017 and information on the second evaluation will follow maximum five months from the deadline for submission. The grant agreement will be signed eight months from the deadline for submission.
According to the call for proposal, it is estimated that proposals requesting a contribution of € 6,000,000 would allow the objectives of this call for proposals to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
The funding rate for this call for proposal is 100%.
Projects funded under this topic will by default participate in the Pilot on Open Research Data in Horizon 2020, with the option to opt-out.