The purpose of the Visions Handbook is to assist planners in developing a maritime vision or a strategy, as well as assisting those who wish to prepare the terms of reference for facilitating a vision process. The handbook provides quick and easy access to relevant tools and methods, building on lessons learnt from vision development processes across Europe. It indicates a range of possibilities for working with visions, showcasing options and ideas, rather than being prescriptive.
The presentation covered different tools and methods that can be used for developing a vision, different formats a vision making process could result in, and discuss usefulness of such processes and their outputs for MSP. The presentation answered some practical questions including:
• How to conduct background research for the vision development process, including analysis of the existing policy context and future trends in maritime sectors?
• When is it useful to develop scenarios or forecasts and how can they be developed?
• What are the benefits of involving stakeholders and what are some useful interactive methods that can be used in different stages of the process?
• How to best communicate the vision as to foster ownership and commitment?
• What additional literature sources and examples can aid future vision development process?
The Visions Handbook can be found here on the EU MSP Platform here.
A recording of this webinar is available here.